Sunday

Uncertainty, Prints by Besarion Khidesheli & Industrial furniture and sculpture by Jeff Ritter


Prints and metal work

Artist Party November 14th 2015, 6 to 9pm

Show runs October 25th, 2015, through December 26th 2015

Two Oakland artists working both in and from uncertainty - The lack of certainty, a state of having limited knowledge where it is impossible to exactly describe the existing state, a future outcome, or more than one possible outcome.

Besarion Khidesheli - Artist

"My name is Besarion Khidesheli, I'm a 24-year old self-taught artist from Tbilisi, Georgia, currently based in Oakland, CA. I have been moving from place to place every two years since I was 15 years old. I have been lucky enough to spend good chunks of my late teens and early adulthood in Georgia (the one in Europe), different parts of California, Mali, and Spain. At first, such movement made me anxious -- there are many uncertain aspects to upcoming adventures. Eventually, this anxiety transformed into excitement. My most recent project titled 'Illusions' is centered on the theme of uncertainty. In terms of technique, I first draw by hand, then scan my drawings, digitally adjust these images, and finally re-print them on canvases. I usually find the most interesting details of a given work once it is done, as each step adds a new level of complexity. Also, the viewer can never be certain of what the piece represents. Different angles invoke different emotions and understandings, making my work quite introspective. I have come to appreciate uncertainty in most aspects of life, and I hope to convey that feeling in other humans as well."  besartion.com,   https://www.facebook.com/besartion

Jeff Ritter – Industrial furniture design & sculpture

Jeff Ritter a self-taught artist living in Oakland Ca. Ritter uses reclaimed steel along with different mediums creating functional industrial furniture, and sculpture. Custom orders available.

No comments:

Post a Comment